Sunday 30 August 2015

Vacation Wrap-up

I'm home after two weeks of vacation and glad to be back.  All summer I had been looking forward to my time away to disconnect with day to day stuff and reconnect with my husband and kids.  We split our two weeks up between two cottages.  The first week we spent, in Kincardine and the second week in Richard's Landing in Northern Ontario.

Our first week we had picture perfect weather.



















With weather like this, it was pretty easy to just sit back and relax.  I ran everyday, practised yoga 2-3 times a day, kayaked until I had blisters on my hands and swam more than I can remember.  It was the best vacation I've had in a long time.  After the first week, I felt so relaxed that the second week felt like a bonus.

Week two, was relaxing in a different way... the weather was cold and rainy for the first four days so we were inside a lot.  I still got out running most days and kept up my yoga practise.  Our family just hung out together which is something we don't do very often.  We played tons of board games, read books, painted and built a puzzle together.

I guess you could say we were a little homesick for Elora.  Week two was a completely different vacation for us.  The weather kept us cottage-bound most days and we ended up coming home a day early when it was clear the weather wasn't going to cooperate.  It was still a fantastic time away with each other.

I am back feeling well rested and refocussed.  There is a week before school starts with plenty of time to find our routines and prepare for the start of the busy fall season.  I feel completely reset, I was able to focus on my fitness routine shaking things up a bit.  I am excited about the new classes I'm teaching and the new direction I am heading related to this blog which is a great feeling.  

This week I will be starting my new blogging format with three posts a week.  I will be aiming to post three topics weekly; a recipe, fitness and a personal discovery topic, tying in with my fitness and nutrition for the mind, body and spirit theme.  I am really excited about this new format and writing on a regular basis again.  Hopefully you find it exciting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment