Wednesday 22 January 2014


I love the start of a new year - although I know technically it is January 22nd.... it's not too late. The New Year brings so much promise of wonderful things that can be accomplished and achieved. It's easy for me to aim for the moon before I acknowledge the work that needs to accompany goals. I'm going to run a sub 4 hour marathon, travel to Europe, write a book....

All of those things have been goals of New Year's past and 1 out of 3 isn't too bad. The book may come someday and never say never about the marathon.

This year my goals are much simplier. This year I am going to focus on creating joy in my life. Yes it sounds like I have a bit of my previous evening's yoga bliss still going on. But I am going to aim for two things that will hopefully make me a little happier and find a bit more fun.

My first goal is to try something new every month. This doesn't have to be a remarkable earth shatterning achievement, although it wouldn't hurt if it was. It just has to be a new experience for me. Something a little scary that takes me out of my comfort zone but something that will give me a new perspective, experience and hopefully broaden my horizon. And no pressure to succeed at the 'new' experience, the idea is just to try something different. If all goes well this weekend, I will be posting my first new experience on Sunday... fingers crossed!

My second goal is to read a book for my own personal interest once a month. I am currently taking two courses, one for work and a nutrition course for my own interest. I have a ton a material to read which is great because I like learning, but I really miss chosing my own books and reading just for fun. My book for January is 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. I didn't know this book was being released as a movie when I picked it... I really just liked the title.



No comments:

Post a Comment