Saturday 11 May 2013

It's Like Poking a Sleeping Bear.....

OK - so my first post title in over 6 months is kinda lame... but I am finally waking up from what feels like a bit of a hibernation.  Nonetheless - I'm back

So what has happened since October...

I took the kiddo's to St. Augustine FL right after Christmas and of course you want to see pictures of that trip.

One freezing day - it was 13 degrees.  I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit - but chilly.

The rest of the weather was warm.  Swimming in the ocean and New Year's at the beach, it doesn't get much better than that!



Following that trip - I got a new job.  Still working at the same place but new role.  Who really wants to hear about work though - boo.

In addition to that excitement, I was also teaching a lot of classes - spin, trx and yoga.  Sometimes as much as 14 classes a week.  It was way too much and guess what I got - fat!! I didn't have a huge weight gain, but a muffin top over my workout capris.  So I decided to scale things back.  I'm teaching 3-4 times a week now and this summer only once a week.  I love teaching and have met some amazing people through my classes, but I need to focus on my own fitness for a bit.  Hence why I'm back.

Over the past 6 months I also scaled way back on my running sometimes not running for two weeks at a time.  But I was very lucky to have a wonderful friend who would drive over to my house and drag my butt outside for a run.  Thank you Tracey! I haven't raced in over a year - and not seriously for much longer than that. 

So its time for a goal, or three.  I'm stating it, putting it out there and releasing my intention to the universe.....

This year I am going to compete in:

  1. The Wellington Warrior Challenge
  2. A duathalon - either Wasaga Beach or Toronto Island
  3. And finally..... I'm getting retribution on this bad boy
That being said... I have some training to do... its good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment