Tuesday 22 May 2012

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

I'll quit whining about how busy I've been lately... and share with you one of my best recipes that I've come up with lately.  Like I mentioned a while ago - I was looking for something to give me a quick boost between work and teaching classes.  

Typically if I want a sugar boost before a tough workout that won't take a long time to digest, I'll have a couple of datesBut I was looking for something just as fast, but with a bit more substance.  Here is the resulting recipe. I love these, but do not kid yourself, just because they are made of 'super foods', they are not low calorie.


 
Peanut Butter Protein Bars

by Denise Boyd Dunlop
Prep Time: 5 minutes + 30 minutes freezin
Keywords: dessert breakfast appetizer vegan


















Ingredients (12 bars)
  • 1 cup of natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup cocao nibs
  • 1/2 chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup goji berries
  • 1/2 cup flax seed
Instructions
Heat peanut butter and maple syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in protein powder 1/4 cup at a time mixing evenly. Mixture will be quite thick. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Spread in an even layer on a parchment line 9x13in cake pan. Cut into squares. Freeze until bars are set. Separate into individual bars and store in freezer until ready to eat. Allow to thaw slightly before eating.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. There look sooooo good and I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete