Saturday 3 March 2012

Toblerone Cookies to help finish a busy week

This week has been quite hectic.. so busy in fact that I haven't had time to do any 'fun' stuff.  Next week will be busy too, but I promise to post a bit more than I did last week.

I am happy to report that I did complete all of my scheduled workout that I posted last Sunday.  Today`s run almost didn`t happen.  We had crazy winds and it was bitterly cold this morning.  I almost talked myself out of running and my husband said to me as I headed out this morning `You`re crazy`. 

But as I head down the road, I was met by flashing red lights and a fire truck blocking the road.  The high winds had blown down hydro lines and the road I needed to drive down to meet my running group was closed.  I turned around and headed home.  I still needed my run, so I packed my girls up and headed to my parents.

I`m not sure if I ran at my goal pace, but I did run 12k and my kids were entertained.  All was well in my world.  Now for the cookies...

I showed a picture of these a few weeks ago and am finally getting around to posting them.  To quote a well know TV cooking host... Yum-o!

Toblerone Cookies

by Denise Boyd Dunlop
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 - 45 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert cookie
Ingredients (6 dozen cookies)
  • 1 cup butter softened
  • 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 small toblerone chocolate bars chopped
Instructions
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Add chopped toblerone chocolate stirring until mixed throughout cookie dough.
Using teaspoon, spoon dough creating a round mound. Set on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 12 minutes or until slightly golden on bottom.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. The weather has been so crazy this week. Hats off to you for keep running! The cookies are so tempting - they must be soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete