Saturday 4 February 2012

Superbowl Nacho Dip

So in a continuation of Thursday's post about having a cold and training for a faster 10k I did run a fast (for me) paced run on Thursday evening 5k in about 24 minutes. And felt pretty good.  Not bad after taking a week off.  I followed that run with a killer metabolism disruption total body wrecking workout.

Have you ever been at the gym working out and had that little voice in your head go "I don't think this is such a good idea"? But you push through anyway?  Now there are times when that push brings you to a new level and you run faster or achieve things you didn't think you could.  And then there are times when that push is just too much.

Too much was what yesterday was for me.  The workout was awesome and I'll do it again.  But the work out has made me very sore and today's run very challenging.

Here's the workout - for those interested.

Using heavier than normal weights

2 minutes of squats
2 minutes of bent over rows in a table position with the opposite leg lifted (switching after 1 minute)
2 minutes single arm shoulder press lying on a step (switch arm after 1 minute)
2 minutes lunges
2 minutes shoulder presses

Then for 3 minutes using a step

Straddling the step jump up & off 3 times
Running up and off the steps 3 times
Running the length of the step - squat, run backward to the end of the step & squat

Repeat the series for 3 minutes

Do the above set twice... trying not to cry.

Obviously I could have modified this workout, but I didn't I pushed it.  So during today's run; I had nothing in the tank.  My planned 10k run turned into a 4 miler that I ran slowly.  The good thing - I had great company.  My favourite running guys Bob & Mike.



The other thing that is going on everywhere is Superbowl.... I don't watch football and I don't know who is playing.  I do know Madonna is doing the half time show... does that count.  I also know this dip that I'm calling a recovery dip would be great while watching Madonna during the half time show... or while letting your body recover from a crazy workout.

Warm Nacho Dip

by Denise Boyd Dunlop
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake appetizer vegetarian

Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1/2 package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 salsa - your favorite brand and level of heat
  • chili pepper or hot sauce to taste
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese
  • 1 tomato chopped
  • 1 avacado chopped
Instructions
Blend cream cheese and sour cream together. Stir in salsa. Add chilli powder or hot sauce. Pour into a glass baking dish or pie plate. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Top with chopped tomato. Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with avocado. Serve warm with nacho chips.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar recipe that used black bean salsa, and it's insanely good and easy. Perfect for watching the commercials during the game (as I don't care either and watch only for moral support for my husband). Hope you feel rested and recovered soon!

    ReplyDelete