Sunday 19 February 2012

I bought a new blender and its... a Vitamix!

I have had a super crazy but pretty amazing week.  Its has been really busy which has left very little time for writing and cooking anything to interesting.  I am in the middle of our Family Day weekend so there will be more recipes coming.

But first for my really good news... remember last week when I said I passed my personal trainer exam and then I had to figure out what to do with it.  Well I've figured it out or in some weird twist it figured me out.

I had mentioned a few weeks ago to someone I met through work that I was taking my PT course and through that contact, I was approached to fill in for another instructor in a few weeks.  I'll be filling in on and off and teaching regularly in a few weeks.  I can also advertise as at their facility and use it at no charge!

The other thing that happened was I approached the owners of the store where I run from about running a boot camp for runners class on a trial basis and they were very supportive.  And people from my running group are completely on board. 

I am so excited to be pursuing this type of work on the side.  It does mean that I will definitely not be training for any large races  (read marathons) or I will be spread way to thin.  But I am still planning to race a few 5 & 10k's this spring and train for a half in the fall.

Now for my new addition...



I have been looking at this blender for years... I'm not kidding... almost four years.  My reluctance to buy this blender is the cost.  It is a serious investment and I can think of far more exciting things to buy for the same amount of money... a new wardrobe... vacation for my family.  But I will never buy another blender again... or at least until I'm 80.

I have secretly had a Vitamix savings account for about a year and a half.  Just over two years ago I purchased a 'professional' blender for about a third of the cost of my new one.  I took care of it, but lately my smoothies have been more chunky than smooth and I've had to super glue parts of the carafe together.

I made my first smoothie last night for myself, sister and brother-in-law... this was amazing... it was smoother than smooth!  I am in love!  For the next week it will be smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  In fact I may just puree everything I make for the next little while... who needs to chew!

Blueberry Smoothie

by Denise Boyd Dunlop

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Keywords: blender raw beverage vegan

Ingredients (serves 2)

  • 2 large handfulls of spinach
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 1 apple cored and chopped
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup water - more to thin if necessary

Instructions

Add all ingredients to blender. Puree adding more water as necessary.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment