Tuesday 21 February 2012

Green Mango Smoothie

I have just returned from my yoga class and I am feeling awesome.  I don't know what it is about my Tuesday night class but I come home a completely new person.  Tonight's class was about Trust.... trusting in yourself and the trust that everything will work itself out.

That is a message I would have benefited from had I received it this morning at work when my computer wasn't working and I felt like chicken little thinking the sky was falling... but nonetheless I have received this message loud and clear.  And now tonight after a crane pose, hand stand, heron pose and more sun salutations than I can count, my head is clear and I am trusting my abilities.

I was thinking on my drive home that I wish I could keep these words with me during a race or really tough part of a run.  Maybe for my next race I'll write those words or some inspiring mantra on my forearm where people write their mile pacing breakdowns.

I overcame something else tonight... trusting all of those crazy people who drink green smoothies.  Yes everyone - I am a green smoothie virgin... until tonight!  I know I added spinach to my smoothies, but I always added tons of blueberries or raspberries to hide the green.

Tonight I made a smoothie, but didn't add any blueberries, just mangos and grapes and it came out green.  It is delicious!  Even my six year old drank it saying 'Hey - it tastes like fruit!'  Wow.  SO a big thank you to everyone out there sharing your green smoothie recipes... I believe this is an inspiring site - http://greenmonstermovement.com/ I am not afraid anymore!  Perhaps kale is just around the corner!

Green Mango Smoothie

by Denise Boyd Dunlop

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Keywords: blender beverage gluten-free vegan soy-free

Ingredients (serves 1)

  • 2 handfull of spinach
  • 1 apple cored & chopped
  • 1/2 cup grapes
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • water to thin

Instructions

Place ingredients in blender. Puree adding water as needed.

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment