Saturday 25 February 2012

Frozen Yogurt & Frozen Runs

I've just realized I have a month until Around the Bay and although I'm only doing the a 3 person relay, I haven't ran 10k in over a month.  So today I set out... no excuses... I was going to run 10k.  I did! And I did the run at a 5 minute/km pace.  I did stop at my house for a water break but I kept the pace on my way back.

The biggest motivation for keeping this pace was to get out of the cold.. sweet mother it was cold.  I'm still feeling chilled and I think the only thing that will make me feel back to normal will be a hot bath, but there won't be time for that until tonight.

I've come up with a training schedule for the next month.  This is going to be a busy month.. but if I lay everything out in front of me if feels much more manageable.  The only  week that will be tough is the week before March break - in my excitement at other people's interest in my personal training - I committed to teaching 6 classes that week.

I am also starting a Boot Camp for runner's class that begins March 21st and will be running for 4 weeks.  So I will have to have all of my ducks in a row for the next little bit, but all of these classes are great opportunities and I'm really excited about this challenge.  Here's my schedule.

Now back to my day... after my run. I had my post run coffee and came home.  My kids were looking for a snack - as usual.  They wanted frozen yogurt or ice cream, which we had none of.  But then I thought hey... let's make some!

I had lot's of help.  You know maybe you're taking too many pictures of food when your kids say - "You should put this on your blog"



Super Quick Frozen Yogurt

by Denise Boyd Dunlop
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender snack dessert vegetarian ice-cream

Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 cup of yogurt plain or flavoured
  • 1 cup frozen berries
  • 1 frozen banana peeled and chopped
Instructions
Put all ingredients in order listed into blender. Puree until smooth.
Powered by Recipage

2 comments: