Thursday 15 December 2011

A Little Christmas Procrastination - maybe

I have reluctantly started to read my manuals for my personal training course.  I'm not sure why I've been putting it off.  Normally I'm all over any on line articles about fitness.  Maybe its because there is a test involved and my performance anxiety is creeping up again.  I made a deal with myself that if I read the first chapter and completed the on line component I would post about something fun. 

So my lesson is done and no - I didn't get everything perfect.  Nothing happened when I got the answer wrong by the way.  I'm not sure what I thought would happen - maybe some super fit trainer with chiseled abs would yell "WRONG ANSWER!" at me.  I actually did enjoy it and contemplated going ahead with chapter two over posting... but I have pretty pictures.

This post has nothing to do with running... again.  But it is about travelling.  Over the past few years I have travelled a bit.  Some of my trips were with my kids and some without.  We decided on our first trip to buy a Christmas ornament for wherever we were.  I've read that some people think its hokey, but these decorations are some of my favourites.  Every year when we decorate our tree and pull out these ornaments, they remind me of the trip I was on when I bought them.  I find that I am usually reflecting on the past year during the holidays and the ornaments help remind me of the amazing vacations I've been on.

So in my order of vacations here are the ornaments.

St. John's Newfoundland

I went on this trip with my family when my girls were 15 months old and 3 years old in 2007.  It was a fun trip.  We saw icebergs and toured around the island for a bit. 


Banff

We went to Banff in 2008.  We stayed in a condo style hotel which had a great water slide and indoor playground for the kids.  The scenery was beautiful, but the hotel made the trip for the kids.




Jamaica

Our whole family went to Jamaica for my sister's wedding in 2009.  It was beautiful.  The resort we stayed at was a family resort with a great water slide and pool for the kids.  The girls have been asking to go back every year.


New York City

My husband and I went to New York in 2009 and 2010 - without the kids.  I love love love this city. 


Greece

You all know about Greece this year.  There were tons of ornaments being sold at all the tourist places, but I only saw this bell in two shops.  I thought it was perfect for our tree.

As you can see not all of the decorations are typical ornaments - the key chains from Jamaica and the bear bell from Banff, but each one brings back great memories.  And hokey or not I love this tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment