Tuesday 20 December 2011

At the Juice Bar

Let's be brave!  Let's break out the juicer that's collecting dust in the basement, crack open the veggie tray, pull out a bunch of produce before it gets gross and make something out of it.  Something that is supposed to be super healthy and make us feel great.  And we will drink whatever the concoction we come up with because its good for us!  Whatever.

Seriously I've never been a big juicer.  It is a lot of work.  It takes a lot of vegetables (vegetables that I think I should really be eating to get all of the fiber and other important stuff vegetables give me) to make one little glass of juice.  Then after I have my little cup of juice I have to clean all of that up... and will all of my effort even taste good?

I've read a lot on line about how great juicing is and I do see the reasoning behind it.  All of those vegetables pulverised into that glass.  Truthfully its a lot easier to go to booster juice and get them to make it... but if you're feeling brave... and ambitious you can make them at home.

I've come up with 4 different kinds of juices.  I have 2 types of juicers.  I normal one

and a citrus one


I used both for these recipes.

I'll start with the juice that started it all....

Ginger Beet Juice


Ingredients

1 beet (peeled)
2 apples
1/2 cup grapes
2 inch piece of ginger peeled

Put all ingredients in juicer.  Enjoy!

Tangerine - Grapefruit Juice


Ingredients

1 grapefruit
4 tangerines

Juice using a citrus juicer.

Pineapple Grapefruit Pomegranate Juice



Ingredients

1/2 pineapple
1 apple
1 pomegranate peeled
2 grapefruits

Juice pineapple, apple and pomegranate in regular juicer.  Juice grapefruit in a citrus juicer.  Combine.

Crazy Green Juice


Ingredients

2 cups of spinach
1/2 English cucumber
5 ribs of celery

Juice the above vegetables.  Drink as fast as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment