Friday 11 November 2011

Bringing you up to speed in Greece

I haven't been able to post for a few days because of a hiccup with my blogging app, but everything seems to be ok for now.

On Tuesday we didn't go to Hydra as we had originally planned due to a later start than we had expected and a change in the ferry schedule. We ended up walking around Athens and went to the acropolis to see the Parthenon and the ruins of various temples. There is also a stunning view of the city of Athens from the top. We toured around the Plaka district and ate lunch on a great patio that had an amazing view





Not just the cute elderly couple, but this...









And of course We needed to rehydrate - there is water on the table too.

On Wednesday we did get up early. The owner of the hotel we're staying at - Hotel Tony arranged for a friend of his to take us to Piarrius to catch the hydrafolye to Hydra. The boat ride was about an hour and a half. When we got to the island, we just walked around. Athens and the islands in Greece have stray dogs that are taken care of by everyone.
Dan and I were adopted by a dog named Troufa. She gave us a wonderful tour of the village leading us through the winding pathways to an amazing view. When we found ourselve as far as we could walk,just sat and took the whole thing in. We wound our way back down to the water and I dipped my toes in the agean sea. Rick actually swam. Here's some shots from the harbor.











After we got back from Hydra, we went straight to the expo to pick up our race kits. The expo was very well organized, but there weren't very many deal on gear and their souvenir shirts seemed pretty pricey. So I didn't buy anything extra.

Today we went to Delphi which was a very long day, but again filled with amazing sights. I didn't bring my iPad so I won't have pictures to post until next week... but you won't be disappointed.

After two and a half days a hustle we are going to slow down and just tour around. Not too much though I need to rest up for something I have going on on Sunday.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment