Monday 10 October 2011

Guelph Thanksgiving Day Races 2011

Hot enough for ya?  Who would have thought we'd be racing in 25 degree temperatures on Thanksgiving Monday?  Last weekend it felt like it might snow and I wore gloves during my race.  This weekend I was sweating before the race started.  Not that I'm complaining about the weather by any means.  But... I usually avoid racing in the summer because of these temperatures - I'm delicate - I wilt.  Its not my ideal weather for racing, but ideal weather for laying on my zero gravity chair and reading which is what I'm going to do after this post.
Back to the race.  It was hot - whah - but this is a well ran race and it was fun.  I looked at this race like a training run.  My goal was to finish under 25 minutes.  I did, my watch said 24:35, but I was far back in the start so I'm not sure about the chip time.  There were a lot of people in the race and I'm not sure how I placed, but that really wasn't that important for me today.

My girls also raced the 1k kids run.  They both did well.  I love watching them run.

Now some shots from the paparazzi -



Mid - run


Finishing strong with my oldest daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment