Monday 23 May 2011

M-m-m-muffins

Aside from the pancakes I've also made these muffins a lot lately.  They are really quick to whip up.  I even have time to make them in the morning.  I mix the dry ingredients the night before so all I have to do in the morning is add the wet ingredients and pop in the oven.  Then by the time I'm finished getting ready from work I have freshly baked muffins for my family. Its a good thing they are so easy to make because they only last a day in my house.

Blueberry Muffins

Dry Ingredients

1 & 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup protein powder
1 tbs baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Whisk together in a bowl and set aside.

Wet Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

In another bowl, whisk oil and sugar together until smoothish.  Beat in egg.  Mix in milk and vanilla.  Pour into dry ingredients.  Stir until just moistened.  Fold blueberries into batter.

Fill greased muffin tray 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 until your hair and make up are done for about 20 minutes. Let sit in tray for 5 minutes then let cool on a rack.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment